Peertube v2.0 is out! https://github.com/Chocobozzz/PeerTube/releases/tag/v2.0.0
However, I’ll still keep i3 around for the following reasons:
- Japanese IME doesn’t work in Kitty under Wayland.
- No working graphical colour picker under Wayland.
- While there's a feature similar to unclutter built into Sway, which hides the mouse cursor in case of inactivity, it needs to be switched off for games to work properly, which is a little cumbersome.
Using Sway (Wayland compositor and i3 clone) as a daily driver
After a few weeks, I think it’s very usable:
- It includes nearly all features I’ve become accustomed to on i3 and X in general.
- Non-Wayland applications (including games) work very well through XWayland.
- I actually have fewer graphical glitches with my old AMD card.
- Kitty (terminal manager) starts up faster than under X.
(Continued in a reply.)
Tridactyl is back on Mozilla Addons! https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tridactyl-vim/
@hund “DuckDuckGo feels a bit too cooperate-y”
Can you elaborate?
TIL that Hedgewars (libre Worms clone) v1.0 was released about a month ago. https://hedgewars.org/node/9014
FreeCS: “a free-software reimplementation of Counter-Strike 1.5 running on the FTE QuakeWorld engine”
“Ubuntu 19.10 Is The First Time We've Seen (X)Wayland Gaming Performance Match X.Org”
@hund It looks way better than the default Windows 10 theme IMO.
Configure Vim to Start Empty Files in Insert Mode https://invidio.us/watch?v=q02SViRkM-w
Solarized colour theme for Searx
To test it, install Stylus in your browser (if you don’t have it yet), and then open the stylesheet.
You can optionally change the background and text colours from dark to light as well as add a custom domain. (Right now, it only applies to four instances.)
Todo: add a README, maybe tweak the colour of the borders.
MOBILIZON (beta) IS OUT! Free, open source, decentralized, (soon) federated, privacy by design software to allow us to organize freely. So proud to be part of it!
Hi Fediverse 👋
let me sum up the situation around #switchingsocial
Around September 20th, the original (anonymous) author of switching.social shut down its website and all related Social Media accounts, including mastodon 🤔
As there hasn't been any sign of life since then, I restored the website and created this new account. Right now I'm out of spare time to work on it, but that'll change in a few weeks 🙂
@emergencyexit I also use Compton (with i3), mainly for vsync and transparent background in terminals.
Uses GNU/Linux full time, plays games, and prefers free/open source software. Also pragmatic.
Linux Geeks doing what Linux Geeks do..