Update! Update! Read all about it! gnome-shell and mutter blog has update on development changes!
SOUND WAVES: A Tribute to Ecco the Dolphin
“140 musicians, 39 tracks, and nearly three hours of all-new video game covers!”
Free download licensed under Creative Commons BY-NC 3.0
@matt What's bad is that my car doesn't make great toast, and the insurance on my toaster's a pain.
"We are fun dorks" should be the linux community motto
Help me identify this sci-fi novel!
- I read it as a paperback in the late 90s. It was on the new arrivals shelf at my local library
- Male author, I'm pretty sure. I dunno if it's someone notable or not.
- Main premise involves a human who studies other planets' cultures & uses some future tech that allows him to change his body so it's just like the ones of the alien culture.
- He does that repeatedly. There might be risks from this?
- In the end, rather than going to back to his human form, he decides to make his body a fusion of parts from the various cultures.
- Maybe he kinda takes a hoop-like shape and rolls away??
I've been trying to figure this out for yearsssss!
"At-rest disk encryption and surveillance are orthogonal to each other."
Sometimes I miss the days of the old internet. I grew up in the wild west of the internet and BBS's. The boards didn't have all these rules and codes of conduct's. If you didn't like something you kept scrolling. You had to have thick skin or you shouldn't be there. We sometimes dished out shit and sometimes took it. Then we logged off and continued with our lives. How things have changed.
My major gripe with default #Fedora Workstation is that it has almost daily updates that require a system reboot.
On my laptop, that means a minimum of five password prompts to do a simple update:
1. System password (bios password to be precise)
2. Luks password
3. System password again
4. Luks password again
5. Account password to login.
A number of these updates should not require a reboot, but they are flagged as such anyway.
Linux Geeks doing what Linux Geeks do..