My 2020 predictions:
1. I made this prediction in 2019 and I'll make it now for 2020; there will be a major anti cheat breakthrough in Steam Play
2. Stadia will explode and publishers will get on board, and Valve will announce a streaming service
3. Pinephone will carve out a nice market niche
4. Purism will be no more by the end of the year
5. Pop OS 20.04 LTS will be excellent
6. I will sink 100s of hours into Last Epoch
This is dangerous. Google should not be the judge of website quality
Google unveils new system for measuring your website's quality https://t.co/MiA3XkK1WZ
Moderation v. Discretion v. Censorship: They're Not The Same
The truth is the only true "just works" solution for gaming is the one PC gamers like to make fun of. This is why I was a console gamer most of my life
Bet this kills openaudible as far as converting books to a common format is concerned.
Audible moving to Enhanced Format for audiobooks https://goodereader.com/blog/audiobooks/audible-moving-to-enhanced-format-for-audiobooks
In fact we had several high profile stories about Linux versions of games being pulled
Inconvenient truth: "native" Linux ports of games started tailing off before proton was a thing. I remember that year and up until proton high profile game news was drying up
Ethan Lee: Troubling Times for Porters in a Proton World https://t.co/RwrqV7gPOz
This is a cool podcast if indie video games are your thing
Here’s a show for you… Get Indie Gaming Podcast 004 - Where Did It All Start? episode of Get Indie Gaming
Not all cookies are bad. Some sites use then ethically
I like linux. I like video games. I like music. I like learning things.
I have a silly little neocities page at
Linux Geeks doing what Linux Geeks do..