Working on some pso tools. Need to add animated meshes into the scene.

Started playing around with animations in blender. Next step is to try and figure out what format blender expects the fcurves to be in, but for right now, at least it recognizes there is an animation and that the mesh is being deformed.

Finally got a chance to spend more time with blender. Fixed my bone imports and added vertex weights/groups

Blender bones ended up being not that difficult. It's mostly a matter of finding the right syntax. For bones it turned out that all that was really needed was for the bone world matrix to be transposed, and then swap the z and y axis by using a matrix

yup = Matrix((
(1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0),
(0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0),
(0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0),
(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0)
))

Bones are in the right place now, pretty sure I still need to track down rotation and scale issues, but for now, good

Ended up doing the thing where I scum my way through a program (find a correct output and check each value on the way). Next I need to figure out how to adjust for the x-y axis flip.

Working with bones

Threejs : Read 4x4 matrix, add to parent, import

Noesis: Read 4x4 matrix, multiply by parent, convert to 4x3 matrix and import

Blender: Calculate the head, tail (which does nothing), pose, and transforms. The ability to multiply matrices is not included, and the order of the matrices is changed, on top of the axis being in XZY order.

Bones are horribly wrong, but for the moment i'm glad i found the syntax to get them into the scene in the first place. Time to track down the issues from here.

Textures working now? They might have actually been working before, it took me a while to figure out how to get textures to show up in the object viewer.

Got basic mesh imports working on blender. Trying to implement textures, but it looks like the devs decided to change the syntax and not tell anybody: archive.blender.org/wiki/index

Key framed animations ended up working. The issue i had was that Noesis expects scale to be passed in as a single float value, when using a vec3, it needs a parameter to identify it. Other than the 'w' quaternion value needed be flipped. But minor fixes and we got animation.

Finally got bones working in Noesis. Originally i was going to use the separated translate, rotate and scale transformations for each bones, but ended up using a matrix, which not only worked, but worked better. We'll see how key framed animations go.

Wish there was some development I didn't need windows for.

Added the option to debug and select pallets and images in the tile viewer. Next step will be to implement LOD, download, download options. And cleaning up the texture list would be good too.

Should have done this sooner. I broke up my stage viewer to view one tile at a tile, to be able to see how each one is defined.

A little more progress on my Megaman Legends 1 stage viewer. Some textures are applied correctly, still needs a lot of fixes.

Show more
LinuxRocks.Online

Linux Geeks doing what Linux Geeks do..