Spent most of the evening with #peertube and node, and not having a great time to be honest, probably mostly due to my ignorance with the whole system.

Attempted to make a transcoding plugin but so far my attempts have failed, probably because I attempted gluing in bits and pieces from a bunch of different places of information, and thow in a ton of guesswork at the same time.

It also didn't help that despire trying hard, building the CLI tools failed consistently, so I had to manually inject the plugin into the database for it to load. Giving up for now, maybe I'll look at it again fresh in the weekend at some point.

Follow

@espen I feel your pain. I went through the same, but just for a simple plugin. Just keep trying, you will get there eventually.

· · Web · 1 · 0 · 0

@frank Hei, I got busy during the weekend but just wanted to say thank you for this. I did keep at it and eventually did figure out why every single documented dev-procedure failed to work.

After studying the source I don't think it's possible to accomplish what I attempted by plugin alone after all, so I ended up hacking on the sources instead.

I guess time will tell how radical the modifications need to be :)

Sign in to participate in the conversation
LinuxRocks.Online

Linux geeks doing what Linux geeks do...