The current development history since starting with #python in October 2018 (with about half of the time inactive due to work):
- sketched basic datastructures
- learned more advanced python stuff & programming principles, which held off development for quite some time
- kept getting lost in the details of PEG parsers & parser theory
- decided to write a custom parser because the #markup language is too context sensitive
- already used the language for notetaking throughout
Epistropy is an approach at reusable #notetaking, which builds up a personal #wiki, that can be used for more efficient #knowledge retrieval | #visualization | #creativeThinking | #communication | #learning
with a simple #markup language at it's base ( inspired by #markdown & #latex )
The development of my app has been stagnating the past months due to work. So what's the plan to renew motivation? Porting everything to #rust of course. The #python implementation was only meant to be a prototype anyway. Python will still remain as a scripting API, if the project ever gets to that stage.
Funny how docstrings in #python are counted as single lines of code (by github at least).
It makes sense regarding that they are actually used by the interpreter, but intuitively they just feel like comments
Linux Geeks doing what Linux Geeks do..